Saturday, November 21, 2020

Preparations for the journey…

 


When my date of departure was informed to me, I was not surprised because I was expecting it. However, I was not comfortable with the date as the time left for the departure was just a week and I had so many things to do. So I requested for a postponement by another week which was readily agreed and I chose the date and time of departure.

The list of things I had to do before my departure seemed to run into pages, but I spent a few hours to decide on the most important things to do and how to accomplish them. There were some responsibilities to be handed over, financial and property-related matters and the desire to visit a few places, meet family members and friends before my departure and several other miscellaneous duties.

The desire to meet and spend time with family, extended family members and acquaintances was top on the list. I had a two-fold solution for this, one is to meet them at their houses, spend some time with them and request them to attend a party, the night before my departure.

It is a week since the departure date has been decided and I am left with another week for the commencement of the journey. In this week I have met all the people I wanted to meet, my sister’s family, families of my nieces and nephews, my cousins, acquaintances and the only friend I have. I invited all of them to attend a dinner party at my house the night before my journey. This would be a memory I would cherish forever wherever I am and hopefully all of them. I did not inform any of them about my journey, because no one would be happy about my decision to move away from them.

I did some shopping, buying fruits and sweets as courtesy gifts when I went around meeting dear ones. I did not have to buy anything for my travel.

In this one week, I raced to settle financial and property-related matters and wrote down details to be followed in my absence. I am now left with some activities, top among them is visiting Kothagudem with my family, a town with which I am associated for over 27 years, in my childhood and teenage… and the nearby Temple town of Bhadrachalam on the banks of River Godavari and have Darshan of Lord Sree Sita Ramachandra Swamy for being with me all the time and seek the continuance of his blessings for my family. Then I have to make arrangements for the get-together dinner I have planned and buy the remembrance gifts I have decided for the invitees.

The weather is very good these days in the Twin Cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad and I am enjoying it. Due to buildings all around our house, I miss Sunrise and Sunset views. I have seen wonderful Sunrise outside the city on many occasions while early morning visits to the Temple at Yadagirigutta.  I wish I could go on this trip to Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy at Yadagirigutta and also to Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple at Nampally Gutta - our family deity since generations and seek their blessings for my family. I shall sincerely try to visit these places before I leave the city, though there is a time constraint.

After I have accomplished all this in the one week I am left with, I would be a very happy man. Then peacefully I would embark on my journey on the destined date at 6:30 a.m. to meet my parents and my brother and be with them.

If it is within my capacity at my destination, as it was with my parents, I shall ensure that everyone back home is happy always.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Have the Birds Gone, from Srilekha?

Where have the birds gone, from Srilekha? Their wings, once vibrant, are now silent in flight, The birdbaths, forlorn, yearn for their c...