Saturday, November 14, 2020

My father’s 105th birth anniversary.

 


Today, 14th November 2020 is my father’s 105th birth anniversary. As is our practice on this occasion, families of my siblings assembled at our house today to remember and pay our respects to my father. And we continued with the tradition of gifting books to all the grandchildren and great-grandchildren of my father on this occasion. The gifts were handed over to the children by my sister.

When we first started the tradition of gifting books on my father’s birthday in 1990, there were seven grandchildren as you can see in the photograph at the end of this article. Since then the family has happily grown from seven grandchildren to eight great-grandchildren. However, for today’s function, we missed one grandson and two great-grandsons as they are in America.

Incidentally, today being the festival of Deepavali, it was all the more a very happy family get together.

Attached are messages sent to announce the occasion and photographs from today’s events, my father’s birth anniversary observation and Deepavali festival.






























































No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy World Book Day!

  Today, 23rd April is World Book Day. World Book Day is a special event celebrated globally to promote the joys of reading and the value of...