Monday, November 16, 2020

You may find this precisely 68-year old page interesting!



This is my father’s desktop diary entry of 16th November 1952, briefly recording my birth details. I was born on Sunday 16th November 1952 at 8:45 am by a caesarean operation at King Edward Memorial Hospital, Secunderabad. More details of my birth are available in his regular diary of that year which is also well preserved, but it is in our attic in a trunk. Likewise, I have also preserved my father’s diary detailing my sister’s birthday.

The entry reads as follows: “Attended Hospital early morning and saw wife who has pains. She was taken to operation theater at 8.15. Boy was born at 8.45 a.m. Patient taken back to ward at 9.50 a.m. She regained consciousness in the evening.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy World Book Day!

  Today, 23rd April is World Book Day. World Book Day is a special event celebrated globally to promote the joys of reading and the value of...