Sunday, October 28, 2018

I miss the trees of my childhood.


I wish there were trees,
Small and huge trees,
All around,
As in my childhood,
At our townhouse,
And our Mango grove.
Now living in this metropolis,
In this concrete jungle,
I miss them all,
Few trees that are left here,
I know have a short existence,
Because I see them vanish,
As this city wants land; free of trees.
However in this city,
At a heritage property,
When I chanced upon this tree,
A huge Tamarind tree,
That you see in this picture,
I was extremely happy.
Standing in its shade,
Admiring its beauty,
And enjoying the breeze,
Brought about my childhood glee,
And I wished for its permanence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy World Book Day!

  Today, 23rd April is World Book Day. World Book Day is a special event celebrated globally to promote the joys of reading and the value of...