Thursday, October 25, 2018

A moment lasts for seconds, but the memory lives on forever.


We all love a good trip down memory lane provided they are the good type of memories! Looking at photographs old or new always bring back memories. Sometimes all it takes is a familiar smell or a certain taste to evoke an old memory, making you feel like you are back in time at that moment where it was created.
Here is an old photograph of my wife, exclusively with my mother and her mother. . .my mother is on her right side and her mother on her left. This picture was clicked on 9th May 1994, on the occasion of our Wedding Anniversary Party at Palace Heights Rooftop, Hyderabad. My wife posted this picture on her facebook page two days back with the following comments:
“This memorable picture is of me, with one who has given me a life and another who has given me her life…my mother and my mother-in-law. I have grown up under the care and affection of one for nineteen years and the other for thirty-five years.
This post is in remembrance of them and as a tribute to them.”
Family and friends were very happy to see this photograph and recollect their memories with my mother and mother-in-law who are no more.
Some of them have called us to say they are happy to see this picture of them and have recounted how wonderful these ladies were. Their anecdotes brought up more memories and happiness.
All this because of one single photograph!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy World Book Day!

  Today, 23rd April is World Book Day. World Book Day is a special event celebrated globally to promote the joys of reading and the value of...