Monday, May 3, 2021

Do seaside residents go on a vacation?


It's so nice to walk

Along the beach

On the soft ‘n’ wet sand

Or along the seafront

Enjoying the sight of the sea

The sound of the waves

And the refreshing breeze

In the mornings

And in the evenings

But this lovely experience

Cannot last long for me

Because I live far away

From the sea

And I am just on a vacation.

Being from the plains

And a landlocked province

For me the sea

The Ocean

Are a great attraction

The first choice

For a vacation

But then I must return home

To lead and live my life

In my accustomed city

And in the comfort of my home

Amidst my family, friends

And all loved ones.

I think

Lucky are the people

Who live by the seaside

To behold the sight

And the sound of the sea

Day and night

And enjoy the breeze

From the sea and land

Round the clock

Uninterrupted.

But do they truly enjoy

Their seaside life

Because familiarity

Breeds contempt

And I think

They desire a vacation

To a place like my hometown

In the plains

Or the hills!

- N. Lalitha Raghu.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Have the Birds Gone, from Srilekha?

Where have the birds gone, from Srilekha? Their wings, once vibrant, are now silent in flight, The birdbaths, forlorn, yearn for their c...