Saturday, August 1, 2020

These days, I cry a lot every night.



These days, I cry a lot every night. Such tragic happenings were not so frequent in the past. But after the lockdown due to Covid-19, it became frequent and for the past month, it has become a daily feature. It has become an addictive affliction.  
This weakness starts a little after dinner or with dinner itself and lasts up to around 12:30 midnight. My wife is beside me all along. It is not tears, all the time, most of the time it is elation, and crying in between. My wife is stronger than me, while she sheds a few tears, my tears roll continuously and shamelessly. And during those moments my throat chokes and I cannot utter a word with clarity.
Once we decide to go to sleep, we forget all the tensions and go to sleep with a strong feeling that tomorrow will be a better day and all the problems will get sorted out happily. Deep and peaceful sleep comes automatically as it is well past midnight. In the morning my eyes sometimes appear swollen. Fortunately, no medical intervention is required.
The reasons for crying are beyond my control. The main reason for this article and my recent crying saga is one such unfortunate situation. It is about the problem of unification of the Korean Peninsula, that is the reunification of South Korea and North Korea and the union of our lovely friends, Ms. Yoon Se-ri from South Korea and Mr. Ri Jeong-Hyeok from North Korea, who are so cruelly separated as you will see below. But this is a problem that even if all the world leaders come together cannot sort it out, at this moment.
***
***
***
***
***
***
***
***
***
***
***

***
Yoon Se-ri and Ri Jeong-Hyeok are characters from the recent (2020) South Korean Television Drama – Crash Landing on You.
You may watch here, how cruelly the DMZ border separates them:
The other K-Dramas that we watched recently, that is in the last few weeks which have greatly entertained us and also made us cry at times are ‘What Is Wrong With Secretary Kim’ and ‘Her Private Life’.
Fans of K-Dramas and K-Movies would agree with me that South Korean productions, production teams and actors are the best in the world. They are so popular that they come to the entire world with regional sub-titles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy World Book Day!

  Today, 23rd April is World Book Day. World Book Day is a special event celebrated globally to promote the joys of reading and the value of...