Thursday, June 25, 2026

‘The Cataract of Lodore’ by Robert Southey

I am happy to share my recitation of ‘The Cataract of Lodore’, a poem by Robert Southey. This celebrated poem was written after Southey’s young son asked him to describe the famous Lodore Waterfalls in rhyme, a request soon joined by his two daughters. The result is a wonderfully musical and energetic poem that captures the rush, roar, and movement of a waterfall through a cascade of vivid sounds and words.

I know that my recitation has not done justice to the subject. Yet, I hope you enjoy this reading and experience the beauty, rhythm, and imagination that have made this poem a favourite of generations of poetry lovers.

🎥 Watch here:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dearest Sister, May Your Birthday Be Filled with Joy!

Dearest Sister, 🌹 On your special day, I wish you a very Happy Birthday! 🎂🎉 May your life always shine bright and beautiful like gold...