Saturday, January 29, 2022

I have a vaccine passport but I am timid to travel.

 

I have a vaccine passport…

A vaccinated certificate

Permitting me to travel

And conveniently visit

Places that I couldn’t

In the last two years

Due to restrictions

And fears of Coronavirus.

 

My travel  list

Is  very slight

As of now three tourist places

And a few temple towns

That I haven’t been to

And would like to visit

Over some time

But the pandemic is a spoilsport.

 

Travel thoughts excite me

And as I begin to plan

It gets stalled

As I  hear of someone close affected

Or the ongoing commentary on the virus

At this rate, I do not know when I can travel…

Truly, timid as I am, I cannot go to a Kshetram,

As long as I am afraid of having even Thirtham!

(Kshetram – A holy place/temple of pilgrimage.

Thirtham – A spoonful of holy water offered at the temple for consumption as God’s blessing.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy World Book Day!

  Today, 23rd April is World Book Day. World Book Day is a special event celebrated globally to promote the joys of reading and the value of...