Tuesday, March 2, 2021

I think I taught a lesson to this Turtle - A true story.


 A VIDEO OF THE TURTLE:

THE STORY:

Found a Turtle

Ahead of my vehicle

On Necklace Road

In Secunderabad.

God knows why

It was moving away

From its home

The Hussain Sagar Lake.

It was crossing the road

Perhaps seeking a better abode

Not knowing it could get crushed on the road

Or starve to death on the barren land ahead.

Spontaneously I took pity

On its dangerous destiny

And picked it up with my fingers

Protecting myself from its sharp nails.

I should have walked to the lake

And leave it there

To swim back

And remain safe.

But instead, I put it in my car

And turned back homeward

To show it to my grandchildren

Not thinking about what I would do with it later.

Seeing it, my grandchildren were overjoyed

We put it in a tub with water

And put in it some potato and carrot

Hoping the Turtle would eat.

It did not eat a bit

During the day or ensuing night

It walked around

To escape making a heavy knocking sound.

The next morning,

Pitying its suffering

I along with my grandchildren

Took a decent decision.

We rushed with it to the lake

And left it there

And watched as it swam

Into its ancestral home.

It will remain safe there

However bad the water

Because outside the lake

For it, nothing is safe.

All around there is just road and gravel

And small prisons for the Turtle

Like the tub of water made by people

For people’s pleasure.

With a day’s dangerous outing

I hope the Turtle has realised the cruelty

Surrounding the lake

And will remain happy with its fate.


1 comment:

Happy World Book Day!

  Today, 23rd April is World Book Day. World Book Day is a special event celebrated globally to promote the joys of reading and the value of...