Thursday, July 9, 2020

A ride into nature for a breath of fresh air!





I put this mask on,

All the while,

Though breathing is a strain,

To ward of dust and infection.

Earlier it was during a motorbike ride,

Now it is all the time,

Outdoors,

Or indoors,

To keep me safe,

And my friends and my family safe,

Till such a period,

Until COVID is eradicated.

My identity is hidden,

From everyone,

Even those closest to me.

My smile can’t be seen,

Only my voice can be heard,

Not the real voice or expression,

Only a curtailed sound,

Hopefully understood.

As social distancing is the norm and rule,

I keep a little away from people,

And others from me,

We move at a safe distance…

With such fear and suspicion,

The companionship is diminished,

All this is disheartening,

But for the good of everyone,

And the world,

We must adapt to such existence,

Until we have overcome this pandemic.

These photographs show me,

Moving out of my infected metropolis,

To be amidst the vast nature,

In total isolation,

At a fearless location,

Experiencing a lovely cool breeze,

And breathing without the mask,

Uncontaminated; refreshing fresh air,

After a very long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy World Book Day!

  Today, 23rd April is World Book Day. World Book Day is a special event celebrated globally to promote the joys of reading and the value of...