Monday, June 1, 2020

Of all the movies you've seen, which do you remember and like to see again.









During this lockdown period Television and to some extent Internet have become big entertainers and pastimes to many families. Countless old and new movies in regional and English languages are being screened 24X7, and also many old and popular TV shows/serials.
I like movies but I am not a big follower of them. I do not see all Telugu and Hindi movies but only a few popular and good ones that are recommended to me. And same is the case with English movies; I see only the good and popular ones based on their reviews. As I am browsing TV Channels if I find some movie interesting I see it till the end. And on the recommendation of my sons, I and my wife watch some movies on Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, even Korean, Malayalam or Tamil with English Subs. And this has become more frequent during the lockdown.
Now coming to the title of this article… ‘Of all the movies you've seen, which do you remember and like to see again’:
In my life, I've seen many movies in Telugu, Hindi and English. I do not remember all the movies that I have watched but for the extremely good and great ones. I like movies with unique original good stories, and universally acclaimed ones, to whichever genre they may belong. Whatever the genre from romance, fantasy, comedy, drama, historic, revenge to a mystery I like them all only if there is a good and captivating story in them. I would normally not prefer horror, action and thriller movies unless the reviews are extremely good. And definitely, I would not see (9 out of 10) Telugu movies, which are said to have a common and highly predictable story with loud background music, artificial dialogues with funny accents, cheap comedy, silly and unrealistic fight scenes with absolutely no respect to elders and the laws of the land and vulgar bosom-tossing and obscene pelvic-gyrating dance-song scenes.
The list of my favourite movies is quite long and it would be difficult for me to mention them in total and impossible to state in the order of my preference/liking.
As I said there are many movies to my liking but somehow I preferred to write about a few of them in the past, in my blog. Here are the links to these posts by me. From this information you would surely know the type of movies I like, these are movies with very good storylines. If it has been a while since I saw one such good movie, I would love to watch it again after some time!
You may click on the following movie titles to reach my blog posts:
This is just a sample representation of a very long list. There are however two other movies I would always remember and I would like to mention them here not only because they are good but because they have an extraordinary connection with our house. By house, I mean these movies have extensive use of our decades-old phone number and house address number. In the movie ‘Turn Left Turn Right’, our phone number is repeated several times in the movie, it is a pivotal number to connect two lovers. The lovers know each other only by this phone number and the story revolves around this.
And the other movie is 'Sully', a true story wherein the pilot Chesley Sullenberger landed the US Airways Flight 1549 on the Hudson River on 15th January 2009, when both the engines of the Airbus A320 were damaged by bird hit soon after takeoff. The number of passengers and crew on the flight matches our House Number. This number keeps repeated regularly as the safety of the passengers and crew is most important and after the rescue of everyone, there is a great relief that all have arrived safely.
I am sure you too have such memories of movies!


For your amusement, here are some pictures from our family’s Movie Themed Birthday Party:





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Have the Birds Gone, from Srilekha?

Where have the birds gone, from Srilekha? Their wings, once vibrant, are now silent in flight, The birdbaths, forlorn, yearn for their c...