Wednesday, October 6, 2010

JGW 2010, scales new heights!

I posted an article on 21st Sep. titled “Joy of Giving Week – 2010, Sep. 26th to Oct. 2nd”, explaining about this “Festival of Giving” which was started in 2009. Link:
And in that article I made a request to the visitors and regular readers of my blog to follow the JGW 2010 program and contribute whatever they can to any service oriented institute or suffering individuals. I have just now received information that this year’s JGW program had greater participation. Officially the program has raised over Rs. 20 Crores in cash and kind but I know that lakhs of people who have come to know of “Joy of Giving Week” through media, internet and hoardings would have contributed a substantial amount by individually helping people in their areas.
I hope my blog served this purpose though in a very small way. Thanks to one and all for participating and bringing comfort and smiles to the needy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HAPPY LONG........EST DAY OF THE YEAR!

The longest day of 2017, for anyone living north of the Equator like us in India is 21st June. It occurs when the sun is directly over...