Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Modern means to reinforce our friendship!


Yesterday was a tough day. I returned home well past midnight at 1:45am. As a CNC-Maintenance Consultant I normally work for 4 to 6 hours on 2 or 3 days a week. But yesterday was an exception. I had an appointment in the morning from 10:00am to 1:00pm and again at 4:30pm I was picked up by another Engineering Works Company. A CNC machine was down with a complex problem and it took a long time to sort it out and test it. I was tired and my legs were aching by the time I reached home at 1:45am. As my wife was getting some supper ready for me I went to the PC to check my mail. I received a pleasant email surprise that brought smiles and relaxation. There was an email from Sirisha, daughter of my very close and best childhood friend - Ramchander. She has sent friend requests with messages to my wife and me. Both of us are very happy to hear from her and her effort to keep in touch. We gladly sent out our replies, that late in the night.
You can see Sirisha in the above picture! She is standing to the left of my son Srikanth who is with a garland. She is now grown up and an Engineer, working for a MNC. Our families are in the same city and not far from one another. But unfortunately I and Ramchander are only able to meet on fewer occasions these days, it used to be everyday, every morning and every evening in the leisure filled past. After we got into different jobs, our meetings mostly gave way to letters, phone conversations and with the onset of Mobile phones it reduced to SMS. However long the gap may be between our personal meetings, the friendship, the affection and the conversations are just as before and seem to be never ending.
These days when everyone is too busy to spare time too often for socializing it is no surprise that we are so happy interacting with Sirisha on orkut. Certainly another means to keep all of us close and happy in this busy world.

1 comment:

  1. sure uncle I agree modern means work wonders if you have to look out for someone with whom you have lost touch in time, who else can make you happier than a good old friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete

An appeal as Lok Sabha Elections 2024 schedule is out!

  I n the midst of Lok Sabha's grand affair, With schedules laid out, we're now aware. Excitement brews within my kin and me, To cho...