Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Political discussions have become commonplace, all around me.

Discussions based on injustices, exploitation, deceit, insults and ill-treatment of one province, by the rest of the State have become commonplace. I find such discussions taking place wherever I go, the young and elderly, at offices, at family gatherings, at social events, among girls, boys, students, while traveling and even at Temples. As a matter of fact this has become a very important and favorite conversational subject when two or more people of Telangana congregate.  They are all aspiring for a separate State.
I never start a conversation on this subject, but however when one does so with me, I participate in it very enthusiastically. Things go on pretty well as people of the same province and similar opinion meet. However, in such situations, when someone differs with my opinion I debate and get into arguments. I had experienced one such hot debate yesterday, at an after wedding ceremony. I have never been like this before, because I always believed that discussing politics and religion at any place and with anybody would lead to arguments and then hard feelings. Coming to this particular subject, I cannot remain silent, because I find people differing with me are doing so on misinformation and without knowing all the facts, figures and suffering of the local people. I counter every statement of them with facts, figures and my personal experience, to prove them wrong. I become emotional and raise my voice. I do this because I do not want injustice to rule Telangana forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Have the Birds Gone, from Srilekha?

Where have the birds gone, from Srilekha? Their wings, once vibrant, are now silent in flight, The birdbaths, forlorn, yearn for their c...