Monday, November 15, 2010

About today's Family Picnic.

My nephew, Dr. Sudheer organized a picnic today for all our family members at Garden Retreat Resort. This was to celebrate his mother and my sister-in-law, Smt. Vijayalaxmi’s birthday (actually, 5th Nov.) and to celebrate the reunion of the entire family, after a long time. We were at the Resort from 10:15 AM to 5:30 PM. The weather was quite good, and everyone enjoyed the daylong activities – Volley Ball, Shuttle Badminton, Table Tennis, Tambola, Swimming Pool, Dumb Charades, Swings, Snacks, Cake, Champagne and Lunch, as can be seen in the above photographs.
The Resort is 45 kms. from our house at Paradise, Secunderabad, on Karimnagar highway, close to Mulugu town. Our family went to this resort once before, in September 2008, about a week before my son left to UK for higher studies. My nephew Dr. Uday Bhaskar and Hina could not attend that Picnic; they came home a few days after the party. This time, Uday, Hina and Srinath were there. However my mother, sister and brother-in-law could not attend the Picnic today. My niece, Usha Rani is expecting, so all of them stayed back.
Today is my father’s birth anniversary, so as in the past, we have gifted books to all his grandchildren, Dr. Sudheer, Smt. Uma Rani, Dr. Uday Bhaskar, Ch. Sridhar, Smt. Usha Rani, Ch. Srikanth and Ch. Srinath and great grandchildren, Ch. Akhil and Ch. Sudhiksha. Usually, my mother used to distribute the gifts on this day, but this time I got my granddaughter Ch. Sudhiksha to do it, at the Picnic. You can see photographs pertaining to this event at the top. You may double click on the above photos to zoom in.
P.S. – 15th Nov. 2010: My niece Ch. Usha Rani is blessed with a son at 10:10 A.M. today. Congratulations! Blessings and Best Wishes to Karthik, Usha and the baby.

1 comment:

  1. awsome pictures of all the family members. The best family get-togethers and picnics.

    ReplyDelete

Shri Ram Janmbhoomi Temple Stamps Table Top/Wall Hanging Souvenir from INDIA POST!

This is a unique addition to our family’s Stamp Collection (starting from the 1930s!), a FRAMED Shri Ram Janmbhoomi Temple Stamps  Table Top...