Sunday, January 31, 2010

New Year’s Eve Party Photos - Part XVII


The photos attached to this article are of the New Year Eve party at our house “Srilekha” on 31st December 1992. Earlier today I posted an article on the largest and brightest full moon of 2010 that we got to see on 30th Jan. night. I am sometimes writing of the past and sometimes of the present in an unpredictable manner. This is because I have no fixed aim for my blog. I am just carried away by my thoughts, which I am putting down in words sometimes supported by photographs. I am not rethinking on my impulse to write on a subject because if I begin to think and then start choosing or hesitating I may not move forward with my regular writing. Especially when I write on events from the long past, like this one from end 1992, I have many memories flashing before me. I have never maintained diaries regularly so it is mostly from memory and through photographs and old letters from my father that I remember many events from the past. I very much regret now for not being regular with my diaries.
Most of my articles on the past are supported by photographs with many family members in them. So a part of this blog turns out to be not only my memoir but that of the entire family and few relatives. Some of them have been kind enough to appreciate my work and that makes me happy and gives me the encouragement to write more.
Dr. Samuel Johnson said: “The two offices of memory are collection and distribution”. And in my case it is more than that, it is a pleasant sharing of the past, present and writing of the family history in bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shri Ram Janmbhoomi Temple Stamps Table Top/Wall Hanging Souvenir from INDIA POST!

This is a unique addition to our family’s Stamp Collection (starting from the 1930s!), a FRAMED Shri Ram Janmbhoomi Temple Stamps  Table Top...