Sunday, January 31, 2010

New Year’s Eve Party Photos – Part XIX

The Photos in this article are of the New Year’s Eve Party of 31st December 2001. The ‘Party-Dress code’ for girls was Jeans or Punjabi suit, for ladies it was Guajarati style attire and for boys and men it was Kurta Pyjama.  This was Ravi’s first New Year Party at our house and he was welcomed with lots of applause (He is not in the photographs as he arrived a bit late).
Prior to the party too, it was a busy day for me. After nearly 22 years of service in Praga Tools Limited, a Government of India undertaking and as Assistant General Manager at that time, I opted for voluntary retirement, and I was relieved that evening with  memorable farewell parties. I then rushed home to participate in the New Year Party.
As I mentioned in an earlier post I shall stop posting articles on New Year Parties which I started on 7th December. This is because I feel that after end January it would be irrelevant to still talk of the present or past New Year Parties. Hope you have enjoyed watching the various Fancy dress photos I have posted in December 2009 and January 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shri Ram Janmbhoomi Temple Stamps Table Top/Wall Hanging Souvenir from INDIA POST!

This is a unique addition to our family’s Stamp Collection (starting from the 1930s!), a FRAMED Shri Ram Janmbhoomi Temple Stamps  Table Top...