Sunday, November 1, 2009

November, a month of many Birthdays (9) and two Wedding Anniversaries.




November is the month of most celebrations in our family. Normally every year there would be nine parties in November, eight birthday parties and one wedding anniversary party. But this year we are going to have eleven parties.
The first of the two additional celebrations is today on the occasion of this - my 100th Blog Post! And to celebrate this event we are having a dinner party at a restaurant tonight and may be the lunch too. The reason for the second additional party, a daylong picnic on 22nd November has a longer explanation. So I shall clarify it after detailing about the regular November events.
My sister-in-law’s birthday is on 5th November; my niece Usha Rani’s birthday is on 6th, my nephew Udhay Bhaskar’s birthday is on 12th, my father’s birthday is on 14th November and my grand nephew Vikyath's birthday is on 15th November. Then; it is my birthday on 16th, our daughter-in-law Hina’s on 23rd, my brother-in-law Mohan’s on 29th and my nephew Dr. Sudheer’s on 30th November. And Dr. Sudheer’s wedding anniversary is on 28th November and my niece Sravanthi's wedding anniversary is on 18th November. My father is not alive but we observe his birthday. As my father read a lot and loved books we specifically gift books to his seven grandchildren, on and off on his birthdays.
In my posts dated 19th and 20th July in this Blog I mentioned of celebrating my birthday outdoors in a mango grove or a farm in case it falls in the Telugu month of Karthika masam. I also explained about the tradition of picnics called Karthika masam Vanabhojanalu: (http://srisrilara.blogspot.com/2009/07/karthika-masam-vanabhojanalu-my.html). This year also my birthday is on Saturday a holiday and in Karthika masam. My birthday just made it this year, as Karthika masam would end on 17th November. We initially planned to have my birthday party on 16th at some mango grove, as on previous occasions. Then as an afterthought we decided to postpone it to enable my nephew Dr. Udhay Bhaskar and Hina to join us. They are coming home on 19th from Saudi Arabia on a vacation and 23rd is Hina’s birthday, so we decided to have a picnic for the entire family circle on Sunday 22nd November at a Mango grove 60 Kms. away from Secunderabad and celebrate the two birthdays. Of course the birthday parties on the exact dates would anyway be celebrated, may be on a smaller scale.
I wish all my family members mentioned above to have a wonderful birthday and a happy year ahead full of good things. And all good wishes to Dr. Sudheer and Dr. Lavanya on their Wedding Anniversary. God bless us all.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Babai on the 100th post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Uncle for your 100th post... And hope you keep writing interesting blogs which is always a pleasure to read... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Happy World Book Day!

  Today, 23rd April is World Book Day. World Book Day is a special event celebrated globally to promote the joys of reading and the value of...