Friday, October 30, 2009

Beach vacations.










Right from childhood I have a fascination for the Ocean. My first experience with the Ocean was as a child at Chilakalapudi, Machilipatnam, where we went a number of times. Subsequently at every opportunity, I went to the beaches at different places in the country. I also got to live close to the Arabian Sea for five years at Manipal, while studying Engineering. The beautiful Malpe beach is just 6 Kms. from Manipal and I used to go there very frequently. The Sea was also visible from some of the West facing hostel rooms in which I have stayed during those five years. And if I had an East facing room the view was that of a beautiful valley and beyond it the beautiful Western Ghats - Agumbe Ghats. Depending on which side of the hostel I stayed I used to get to see the beauty of a Sunrise or Sunset with varying colors of the clouds and the scenery all through the day.

A few of my holidays have been to cities and towns along seashore and sometimes at isolated beach resorts where I could see, hear, feel the Ocean, the breeze, the sand and be with the Ocean all by myself and my family throughout my stay. I have a great deal of video recording of the Sea, its waves, sounds and with us in the foreground to give me some comfort and feeling of being at a beach in between my real trips. The serenity and relaxation that an Ocean side offers is unique and extraordinary.

I wish I could go on such trips, more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy World Book Day!

  Today, 23rd April is World Book Day. World Book Day is a special event celebrated globally to promote the joys of reading and the value of...