Sunday, August 12, 2012

In loving memory of my brother, Dr. N. Lakshminarsu.

It is exactly a year since my elder brother, Dr. N. Lakshminarsu, passed away. We remember and miss him all the time.
I miss his company a great deal. Our family, friends, community and even the followers of my blog know that I and my brother have been together throughout our lives  and were soul mates, seen together at our house, at all gatherings and functions. Wherever I go now, acquaintances miss my brother and mention to me that I and my brother were like Lord Rama and Laxmana; seen together always, and feel sorry at our separation.
Death is inevitable, but it has come to my brother early, at the age of 63. He should have lived longer to be amidst us until ripe old age and experience life along with us. It is a different matter that his most important life commitments are accomplished – he has been a very popular Dental Surgeon for 38 years until the time of his death, he has provided education to his two sons to become highly qualified and experienced Dental Surgeons, he has performed their marriages with equally qualified Dental Surgeons and got to spend happy times with his granddaughter for six years. How wonderful it would be if he lived longer.
I have posted several articles to this blog; of our family’s various festivals, celebrations, pilgrimages, outings, marriages, our children and our childhood and so on along with a number of photographs. You will see my brother and his role in all these articles. He was a great doctor, husband, father, brother-in-law, uncle, father-in-law, a good friend to all who knew him and a caring brother to me and my sister. Today these articles are there to celebrate my brother’s life and keep his spirit alive.
The photographs attached to this article are of floral tributes to my brother and of the memorials published in various newspapers, today – 12th August, 2012.
“Love is stronger than death even though it can’t stop death from happening, but no matter how hard death tries it can’t separate people from love. It can’t take away our memories either. In the end, life is stronger than death.” – Unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Have the Birds Gone, from Srilekha?

Where have the birds gone, from Srilekha? Their wings, once vibrant, are now silent in flight, The birdbaths, forlorn, yearn for their c...