Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I like being called Grandpa!


I love the status of Grandpa and being called Grandpa (Thatha in Telugu) as often as possible, it is like music to me. My six year old great-niece, Ch. Sudhiksha that is my brother, Dr. Lakshminarsu’s granddaughter, spends some time every day with us and addresses me as Raghu Thatha. As a baby she used to call me as Gaghu Thatha! She is in the habit of saying Raghu Thatha several times in a conversation and that makes me happy. She affixes my name to Thatha to differentiate me from my brother.
Now my sister, Hemalatha’s one year old grandson, my great-nephew, Ch. Vikyat has just begun speaking and calling me Raghu Thatha, and I am enjoying it.
You may click on the YouTube link below to see and hear him say Raghu Thatha! and me enjoying it. I am sure you too would enjoy watching and listening to Ch. Vikyat addressing us as Raghu Thatha, Sudhiksha, Bablu Lalai instead of Bablu Babai and Mama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Have the Birds Gone, from Srilekha?

Where have the birds gone, from Srilekha? Their wings, once vibrant, are now silent in flight, The birdbaths, forlorn, yearn for their c...