Sunday, June 6, 2010

My humble ‘Autograph Collection’ of childhood.

 

Here is a glimpse of my humble ‘Autograph Collection’ of childhood. The above autographs are of some prominent cricketers like Nawab of Pataudi, M.L. Jaisimha, Abid Ali, Govind Raj, freedom fighters like Konda Laxman Bapuji, Panuganti Pichaiah, scientist and author Mahidhara Nalini Mohan Rao, musicians like Emani Shankara Sastry, M.L. Vasanta Kumari and dance artists like Yedavalli Rama, Kamala Laxman and L. Vijayalaxmi.

For a brief period of about five years in my childhood, I took interest in collecting autographs. All the signatures were collected during my school vacations when I visited my parents at Kothagudem. As my father was at the helm of affairs in conducting the sports and cultural events in the town it was easy for me to approach and seek autographs of all visiting Ranji Trophy cricket players, other sportspersons, and artists of music and dance. Some of them may not have been prominent performers on the national level but were visitors of great importance to our town. Subsequently, in my youth, I became a shy person and discontinued this hobby.

In remembrance of the hobby and the good old days, I am presenting a few autographs from my collection. I used to proudly show them off then, and after so many years I am doing that once again!


3 comments:

Happy World Book Day!

  Today, 23rd April is World Book Day. World Book Day is a special event celebrated globally to promote the joys of reading and the value of...