Wednesday, May 31, 2017

This song is loved by two generations of small children in our house.

Some songs stand the ‘Test of Time’, yet others fade into obscurity. I am making this statement with specific reference to Telugu and Hindi movie songs and I can guess same is the case with songs in all the languages of the world.
Elsewhere in the world everlasting songs may be forth coming copiously every year. But this is not the case with Telugu and Hindi movie songs, most modern day songs are not good. Without naming great lyricists, singers and music directors of bygone days; I can declare that songs of yesteryears, majority of them are very popular even today, very melodious and with great music and meaning.
Most modern songs, virtually all of them may have good singers but the lyrics are difficult to understand in one hearing, they are mostly meaningless and sometimes vulgar and always noisy with the cacophony of too many loud and unnecessary instruments and the accompanying dances are unethical with vulgar gyrations.
There are hundreds of old evergreen songs in Telugu and Hindi but here is one video song from the Hindi movie “Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi” of 1958, which my children, Srikanth and Srinath loved to see often and repeatedly as young children years ago, and then it was popular with my grandnephew, Vihaan and today it is with my one and a half year old grandson, Atharv. My children were never tired of listening to this song and today my grandson keeps coming to me few times every day when I am at my desktop asking me to play this song by uttering the words - Pom, pom, pom! And I have to obey him until he changes his mind for something better to do in the house. It is now so popular with him that he demands this song from his grandmother at the time of feeding him meals and she has to play it for him on her mobile phone.
The title of the song is ‘Babu Samjho Ishare’, and as I mentioned earlier it is from the movie ‘Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi’ of 1958. The singers are Ashok Kumar (a great actor), Kishore Kumar (actor and a great singer) and Manna Dey (another great singer). The Lyricist is Majrooh Sultanpuri and the Music Director is Sachin Dev Burman and the Movie Director is Satyen Bose. And the actors in this song are Ashok Kumar, Kishore Kumar and Anoop Kumar, all brothers!
Thanks to all these departed souls who continue to amuse our children!
You may now see and enjoy this video:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shri Ram Janmbhoomi Temple Stamps Table Top/Wall Hanging Souvenir from INDIA POST!

This is a unique addition to our family’s Stamp Collection (starting from the 1930s!), a FRAMED Shri Ram Janmbhoomi Temple Stamps  Table Top...